CBD oil is a natural food supplement that comes from the hemp plant. It’s been used for centuries as a wellness supplement due to its extensive range of potential benefits. CBD oil has gained popularity in recent years due to its ability to help with general everyday stressors, supporting better relaxation and improving recovery from sports and fitness. Many high-profile celebrities like Morgan Freeman, Jennifer Aniston, Mike Tyson and Kim Kardashian all take CBD products for their health and wellness properties.
CBD oils are food supplements in the UK, and can be purchased from a variety of sources online or in-store. You can purchase a wide assortment of CBD oils right here at Savage Cabbage too!
What is CBD oil?
CBD oil is a natural product, made from the flowers of the hemp plant. It’s created through a process called extraction, which transforms the flower and its ingredients into a extract liquid. The most common methods of extraction are using carbon dioxide (CO2) and ethanol. The end result is an oil containing high levels of CBD, which is then mixed with a carrier oil to provide a usable formulation that you see online and on the shelves of major supermarkets today.
CBD oil is becoming more and more popular as it’s been shown to help a number of different conditions. Many people claim to use CBD oil as an alternative to pharmaceuticals, however, in the UK CBD oil is a food supplement and claims cannot be make about what CBD can be used as from a medical standpoint.
What strength CBD should I take?
You can find CBD oil in many different strengths, but finding one that’s right for you is important.
- If you’re looking for CBD oil to make a big impact in your day-to-day life, a stronger product is often recommended. However, if you’re looking to balance CBD with a healthy diet, exercise and for relaxation, a low to medium, strength product will suffice.
- The right product can sometimes be difficult to find and can depend on multiple factors such as your age, weight, height and gender. As well as physical factors such as overall health and wellness, fitness levels and more. Everyone is different, and CBD products’ effects can change depending on this, which is why we have a great product finder to help you pick the right product. As with any product, it’s important to consider the potency of CBD before you make a purchase. This will ensure that you’re getting the best value for money and that you don’t overspend on something that doesn’t work for your needs. CBD oil should be in line with your overall health goals, which is why we have plenty of information available on our website so that you can find the right product for you.
- If you just want to try it out and ease yourself into taking CBD products, then stick with a lower dose and build up into the higher strengths as and when required.
- Always look for CBD oil that’s been third-party tested. This will ensure that the product is free from pesticides, heavy metals and other contaminants
How much CBD should I be taking?
You should start by taking a small dose and gradually increasing your dosage. It’s important to find the right dose for you, but a good starting point is 10 to 25 mg of CBD per day.
If you take too much CBD, it will not make you feel any better and can sometimes lead to things such as a stomach ache due to rushing your quantities. If that happens, it’s often best to take a break from the CBD product and rest up, whilst continuing on with a lower amount after a few days.
The maximum recommended daily dose of cannabidiol (CBD) is 70 milligrams (mg) per day according to the FSA. Although many people use more than this, 70mg of CBD daily should be enough for most users. This natural compound is considered very safe by a number of different experts from across the world, in 2018 the World Health Organisation reported that “to date, there is no evidence of recreational use of CBD or any public health-related problems associated with the use of pure CBD.”
In recent times, there has been an increased amount of “high strength” CBD products available on the market, being sold in stores and online. These products can often be labelled incorrectly or in a misleading way, touting large figures on the label to confuse potential buyers.
it’s important to note that quantity does not outweigh quality and consistency, research has demonstrated that highly processed CBD isolate products are not as effective or efficient as quality Full-Spectrum CBD products. When purchasing CBD it’s important to understand the product you’re purchasing isn’t just the right price, but also offers the same benefits and quality that you require. You can find out more about the benefits of Full-spectrum CBD oil in our blog post here.
If in doubt, do reach out and contact us directly for impartial advice on what products would suit your needs best.
What are the different types of CBD oil?
CBD oil comes in many different forms, including:
- Traditional Tincture Bottles – these come with a dropper/pipette-style lid.
- CBD Gummies – tasty treats made from CBD extract and other useful beneficial functional ingredients.
- CBD Capsules – Vegan-friendly gel capsules containing CBD oil.
- CBD Topicals – a great way to help improve skin conditions directly
The best way to take it depends on what you’re looking to achieve with your CBD usage.
- Tinctures are the most traditional and popular method of consuming CBD oil. They can be taken sublingually (under the tongue), mixed into food or drinks—or even applied directly onto your skin! This method is effective because cannabinoids can easily pass through mucous membranes in your mouth or stomach lining when taken orally. It’s also portable, making it convenient for travel purposes. The downside is that this method requires more administration than other methods (e.g., pills). CBD oil is the best method for those looking for the most effective product type but does require some management in terms of dosing. All CBD oils stocked on Savage Cabbage come with labelled pipettes so that it is easy to measure and precisely dose.
- Gummies are another way to consume CBD. This is a popular method because it provides the same benefits as tinctures with more convenience: instead of having to take an oral dose every time you feel like using it, CBD edibles can be eaten like any other food! They’re also easy to travel with because they don’t require refrigeration. This method takes longer than others (e.g., tinctures) because it has to be digested through your stomach before being absorbed into the bloodstream, and this can often lead to it being as not effective as traditional oils due to this “first pass effect”. CBD gummies are a delicious way to take CBD. They’re made with organic ingredients, and they come in a variety of flavours. You can also get CBD gummies in small bites or large pieces depending on your preference. The hemp extract is suspended within natural fruit juice, so it dissolves quickly and doesn’t leave an unpleasant aftertaste on your tongue or throat. Charlotte’s Web CBD gummies can also contain other useful natural remedies such as Lemon Balm, to help promote a sense of calmness and relaxation.
- Topicals are a great way to use CBD and CBD oils for cosmetic purposes, such as reducing the signs of ageing, blemishes and dry skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis or acne. Topicals are also a popular way to use CBD because they’re easy to apply and give a localised effect. They’re particularly useful for people who want the benefits of CBD to help affect their skin directly, without a full-body effect.CBD can be found in a whole host of different varieties, however, at Savage Cabbage, we only stock the best CBD products that we can guarantee for quality and consistency. Some CBD products can often be seen as gimmicky like CBD-infused pillows or house sprays, or not useful for their intended purpose so we ensure that any product sold at Savage Cabbage is produced to the standards and requirements that we expect as industry experts.
Full Spectrum CBD vs Broad Spectrum CBD vs Isolate CBD
There are three main types of CBD oil you’ll find on the market. These are full spectrum and broad spectrum and isolate-based CBD oils. The difference between them is the number of other cannabinoids found present within the oil.
- Full-spectrum CBD contains a range of the cannabinoids found in the hemp plant, including CBG, CBDV and others. These compounds work together to produce an effect called The Entourage Effect.Full-spectrum CBD oils are less processed and manually refined then Broad Spectrum or Isolate, and is considered a more holistic and natural supplement.
- Broad-spectrum CBD often only contains a small proportion of Cannabinoids and does not work to the same effectiveness as Full Spectrum CBD oil. Broad Spectrum CBD oil is often cheaper and easier to produce.
- Isolate CBD oil contains just the CBD compound, without any of the natural benefits of other cannabinoids found within a full or broad-spectrum CBD product. A 2015 animal study concludes that while CBD isolate may offer some potential benefits, the effect of this is much less noticeable when compared to a full spectrum oil. The research indicated that despite being the pure form of CBD, its effects were only noted at a particular strength, whilst full-spectrum products’ effectiveness increased with the dosage.
Can I take it with or without food, or on an empty stomach? Does it matter if I take it with my morning coffee, evening meal, or midday snack?
CBD oil can be taken with or without food, no matter what time of day. While CBD is safe to take on an empty stomach, it may cause nausea for some users. If you have a sensitive stomach, consider taking your dose with food (or at least on a full stomach). If you’re taking your CBD oil sublingually (under the tongue) refrain from eating or drinking for up to 5 minutes afterwards to allow the body to absorb as much of the oil as possible.
You can also add CBD oil to your favourite beverages like coffee or tea. In addition to the taste of these beverages, their caffeine content will help boost the effectiveness of the supplement.
CBD oils often comprise of a “carrier oil”, such as hemp seed oil, olive oil or MCT oils. These carrier oils are used to dilute down the thick and viscous initial extract into a more digestible and easy-to-take way.
Charlotte’s Web CBD oil utilises MCT oil, which is fractionated from coconuts to provide further benefits.
Medium-chain triglycerides (MCT) oil is a good source of healthy fats, which are easily digested by the body and provide a quick energy boost, they can also promote brain function and help reduce lactic acid build up in muscles. This is particularly beneficial for those who suffer from fatigue or lack of concentration and focus. By utilising MCT oil, Charlotte’s web CBD is more bioavailable, providing a more efficient and effective product.
The other carrier oils used in CBD oils are derived from hemp seed and olive oil. These two ingredients help to provide the best possible absorption of CBD into the body, whilst also providing their own benefits such as omega acids and vitamin E.
Is there anything else I should know about taking CBD Oil before making a decision to try it out for myself?
By researching CBD oil and exploring our blog at Savage Cabbage, you’ll be able to make an informed decision about your purchase. If you have any specific questions or queries you can reach out to our dedicated team of in-house CBD experts to answer any questions or assist with any issues you may have by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also offer smaller pack sizes of some of our popular CBD products, meaning you can purchase a trial pack to test out at home before purchasing a months supply. You can find our tester packs of gummies here.
What is a CBD certificate of analysis?
You’ll often see a Certificate of Analysis (COA) mentioned on CBD product packaging or in the fine print. This is a document that verifies the purity and quality of a CBD product, as it shows test results from an independent laboratory.
CBD certificates of analysis are important because they help you know whether you’re getting what you paid for—and how much cannabidiol is actually in any given product. If the potency isn’t listed on the label, ask about it before purchasing anything; if it doesn’t come with one, don’t buy it!
Where can I buy CBD oil?
You can also find CBD oil at a variety of online retailers, including Amazon and eBay. Many people prefer to buy CBD directly from trusted sellers that have been in business for several years. However, it’s important to note that there are some unscrupulous businesses selling low-quality CBD products that may be unsafe or ineffective. Savage Cabbage offer the highest quality CBD products within the UK, you can review our range of products on our online store.
The FSA recommends buying only verified brands of CBD oil made by companies that have submitted their application for Novel Foods – you can review all the brands that are being reviewed by the FSA on their website
In conclusion, we hope that this guide has helped you understand more about CBD oil and how it can benefit you. We recommend if you have any further questions to reach out to us directly and we can help guide you through the process of picking the perfect CBD product for you.